What’s the best way to say “I love you?” By cooking soup, of course. And this fiery creamy mussel soup says “I love you” in the spiciest way possible.
At up to 175,000 SHU, Portugeuse-African peri peri peppers are what make this soup a spicy addict’s favorite. Combine powerful heat with the richness of a creamy, herb-flavored broth and hearty mussels and this soup will leave you feeling as invigorated as if you’ve just returned from a seaside vacation, or maybe the front row of a fireworks show. Serve along with a slice of crusty garlic bread, and bask in the irresistible heat!
Fiery Creamy Mussel Soup
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Salted Butter
- 1 tbsp ground Peri-Peri Pepper (Bird Eye Pepper)
- 4 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Dried Herbes de Provence
- 1 pinch Saffron (or Ground Turmeric)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 8 cups Fish Stock (or Chicken Stock)
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto (or Tomato Paste)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 lb Fresh Mussels (or Frozen Mussels on the Half Shell)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Seasoning Salt season to taste
- View the full cooking instructions for Fiery Creamy Mussel Soup on Food.com.