Easy and delicious, this slow cooker taco soup will make any weeknight feel like a festive occasion! With nothing more than basic taco ingredients, chicken broth, and a slow cooker, you can look forward to a warm, savory soup that will lift your spirits at the end of a stressful day.
Quickly brown the beef and onions in a skillet before tossing them into the slow cooker for a richer flavor. And don’t forget to increase the amount of chili powder or add in some minced jalapenos for extra spiciness! The longer this soup gets to cook, the more tender the meat and flavorful the broth will be. The next time Taco Tuesday feels like too much effort, remember this tasty, effortless alternative!
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1& 1/2 Cup diced Yellow Onion or Red Onion
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth or Beef Broth
- 1 – 15 oz Can diced Tomatoes
- 1 – 15 oz Can drained and rinsed Black Beans
- 1 – 15 oz Can drained and rinsed Kidney Beans
- 1 – 4 oz Can diced Green Chiles
- 1 & 1/4 Cups fresh or frozen Corn Kernels
- 2 & 1/2 tsps Chili Powder
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- serve with Tortilla Chips
- serve with chopped Red Onion
- serve with chopped Cilantro
- serve with wedges of Lime
- serve with Sour Cream
- View the full cooking instructions for Slow Cooker Taco Soup on Simply Recipes.