There’s really nothing like a homemade sauce to complement your cooking, and this roasted garlic chili sauce is tough to beat. Oven-roasted red pepper, garlic, shallots, and fresno chiles build into a toasty warm flavor that’s amazing with pork, scrambled eggs, rice, and much more.
The sauce can be made up to 5 days ahead, so it’s easy to make a big batch and dole it out throughout the week. The medium heat of fresno chiles (which varies from 2.5K-10K SHU) creates an ideal, versatile sauce to elevate any everyday meal to a restaurant-level culinary experience. Master this, and you’ll feel like a true spicy chef, ready to take your home-cooked meals to the next level!
Roasted Garlic Chili Sauce
- 1 Red Bell Pepper halved lengthwise
- 2 Fresno Chiles
- 1 Head of Garlic top cut off exposing garlic
- 2 small peeled Shallots
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Unseasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Honey
- season to taste with Kosher Salt
- View the full cooking instructions for Roasted Garlic Chili Sauce on BonAppetit.com